Let's Play: Minecraft - Xbox Update 1.8.2
Come fly with me
Andy loves to craft but hates to mine, which made XBLA favourite Minecraft only 50 percent his kind of thing. Until now! The enormous Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Update 1.8.2 has arrived, bringing with it Creative Mode. In this mode, Andy has unlimited materials and items to realise all his blocky visions. He can also fly, which he much prefers to chipping away at coal seams in the bowels of the earth.
The update also adds sprinting, villages and superflat worlds, among plenty of other, equally exciting things (full patch notes below). Press play to see us tool around in Creative Mode, explore villages and make first contact with the spooky Endermen.
Those patch notes, via Mojang:
- Creative Mode
- Superflat world type
- NPC Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts, Strongholds and Ravines
- 12 Music Discs
- New Combat Mechanics
- Chargeable bows
- Critical hits
- Players can parry with a sword
- Ability to change the name of your world save
- Chain Armor
- Pressure Plates can now be placed on fences
- Cave spiders
New Food Items
- Raw Chicken
- Cooked Chicken
- Raw Beef
- Melon seeds
- Rotten Flesh
- Fence Gate
- Iron bars
- Glass pane
- Stone Brick
- Stone Brick Stairs
- Stone Brick Slabs
- Brick Stairs
- Brick Slabs
- Pumpkin Seed
- Pumpkins and Melons grow from stems much faster, and do not require farmland around the stem to grow on
- Sponges(Creative only)
- Swamp biome
- Ocean biome
- Ocean floor now consists of Clay, sand and dirt, this makes clay easier to find
- Mountain biome
- Rivers flow through/in between biomes
- Passive mobs will randomly flee if attacked by the player or other mobs (such as Cows)
- Pig has 3D snout.
- Sugar Cane can now be placed on sand
- Chest has opening and closing animation
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay
- Skeletons hold full size bow
- Shears can now collect Tall Grass and Vines
- Exclusive Superflat option for the Nether
- Option to turn clouds off
- Large changes to Xbox 360 tutorial mode
- Bonus chest world option
- Option to turn PVP off
- Option to turn fire spread off
- Option to make TNT not detonate
- Option to trust players (to op players)
- Fix for duplication glitch.
- Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
- Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved)
- Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn't.
- Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
- Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.