Halo 4 Spartan Ops Release Dates Revealed
Majestic Map Pack Teased
In a blog on the Halo Waypoint site 343 have outlined their plans for Halo 4's online content for the next few months. Starting the week of January 21, Halo 4 will once again be getting weekly Spartan Ops updates, each including five new missions and a new CG cinematic to watch.
Also upcoming are new playlists, starting with Forge Test, which features Forge-created maps for you to playtest to help them get ready for matchmaking, Grifball, featuring a carousel of maps designed for Halo's murderous rugby variant, and Team Doubles for those who prefer their matches to be cosy two-on-two affairs. Each week's update also unlocks two new specialisations for all players.
343 has also teased the upcoming Majestic Map Pack for “late February”. That DLC is set to throw two small maps and one medium-sized map in the Halo 4 multiplayer mix.
Here's that Spartan Ops and playlist schedule, as reported by OXM.
Week of 1/21
• Spartan Ops Episode 6: Five new missions and an accompanying new CG cinematic.
• "Forge Test" playlist (name not final): A rotational hopper featuring small Forge maps such as Relay. Help us test these maps by providing feedback and reporting bugs that will assist us in getting them ready for Matchmaking!
• Specializations: Pioneer and Pathfinder Specializations unlocked for all players.
Week of 1/28
• Spartan Ops Episode 7: Five new missions and an accompanying new CG cinematic.
• Grifball playlist: A rotational hopper featuring everybody's favorite virtual sport. Catch the disease!
• Specializations: Engineer and Stalker Specializations unlocked for all players.
Week of 2/4
• Spartan Ops Episode 8: Five new missions and an accompanying new CG cinematic.
• Team Doubles playlist: A rotational hopper for those of you that like action of the 2 vs 2 variety.
• Specializations: Rogue and Tracker Specializations unlocked for all players.
Enough there to keep you coming back to Halo 4's online modes? Let us know in the comments.